House Snake Care Guide
Latin Name: Boaedon capensis, fuliginosus, maculatus & lineatus.
Why not consider...
The Captive Care of House Snakes
- Dip pinkies in Tuna Brine.
- Scent the pinkies on other rodents, Rats are recommended. This has been the method I have found works on occasion.
- Don't give the snakes water for 1 or 2 days and then offer a pinkie saturated with water.
- Use a freshly Killed pinkie.
- Force feeding.
- Live pinkies are also rumoured to be a good starter, however feeding live can cause complications getting them onto defrost mice in the future - it is only suggested as an extreme last resort, it is illegal or morally unacceptable in many places.